You can buy the following animal experiences direct from the Cotswold Wildlife Park:
- Meet the giant tortoises
- Meet the lemurs
- Feed the humboldt penguins
- Feed the fruit bats
- Meet the giraffes
- Farmyard encounters – with friendly ouessant sheep, pygmy goats and miniature donkeys.
- Feed the tapirs and capybaras
- Keeper for a day
- Junior keeper experience – ages 7-11
- Trainee keeper day – ages 12-16
The animal encounters last around 30 minutes and suitable for anyone over 6 years old, but anyone under 17 will need an adult with them too. So the animals aren’t over stimulated, the encounters are only for one person, per animal, per day.
The keeper experiences take up a lot more of your day, but it’s great to see that the park are thinking of youngsters with two separate junior zookeeper experiences for younger and older kids.
(oh, and we’re quietly thrilled that you get to meet miniature donkeys on the farmyard encounter- they’re not exotic but they are amazing :-))