Wild Futures is the charity behind Cornwall’s famous Monkey Sanctuary, a safe haven for monkeys rescued from abuse and neglect. The park has an international reputation for its care and innovative management techniques, and is home to 37 individuals.
The Monkey Sanctuary runs a Keeper for the day experience that lets you get involved with the three types of monkeys:
- Woolly monkeys
- Barbary apes
Many of the monkeys have behavioural problems because they were mistreated earlier in their lives, which is sad, but the park is committed to helping them recover and progress, which gives the whole place a positive feeling.
It’s a great place to get involved with monkeys, and it’s clear that this lovely charity is making a big difference to the monkeys’ lives. By by joining a monkey experience day here you can make a difference too because all the money gets channelled into running of the park – and who wouldn’t love happy, healthy monkeys?
Included in the Keeper for a Day experience is:
- A full day’s one-to-one supervision and training by experienced members of the Primate Welfare Team.
- Lunch at The Tree Top Café
- A free guest ticket for one person to enter the sanctuary after 11am
- A certificate of your day
- A Monkey Sanctuary T-Shirt
- Friends of Wild Futures membership
All this, and some beautiful views of Cornwall.