We love Woburn Safari Park, and it’s a great place to buy animal experience days direct.
As one of the UK’s first safari parks, it’s built up a reputation a great day out as well as a wonderful place to get close to animals outside cages. And as they’ve got so many wonderful animals, it’s only natural that if you pay a bit more you can get up close to the animals with some awesome experience days.
One thing we really like about Woburn experiences is that a lot of the experiences are exclusive, so you won’t be sharing them with strangers. Many of the bookings are for up to 4 people and this means you’ll be paying more than other zoos if you only want one place on an experience, but if you have a few people interested in going along you can often do this at no extra cost. As always, make sure you check the terms and conditions on the actual website to make sure you know what you’re buying.
Here’s a rundown of the experiences currently available at the time of writing, but be careful, some of the the experiences with larger animals such as the elephants sell out well in advance.
- Safari off road experience – Go off-road with a ranger in the VIP Land Rover and meet some smaller animals in Animal Encounters.
- Giraffe encounters – Meet the herd of Rothschild’s giraffes face to face and learn all about the species as you explore their home.
- Feeding big cats – Feed the lions in the lion house
- Zoo keeper for the day – including junior zookeeper experiences
- Elephant encounters – Walk with them through the woodland of the safari park.
- Sea lion encounters – Go behind the scenes to meet the sea lions living at Woburn Safari Park.
- Meerkat encounters – Everyone loves meerkats, and this magical 30 minute gives you as much meerkat madness as you can handle.